Why use Us
Donoghue Solicitors is a law firm specialising in actions against the police. We provide expert legal advice and assistance to our clients throughout England & Wales.
Click on the grey bars below for more information about why you should let us deal with your claim.
If you cannot see the bars, click on the ‘download plugins and browsers’ link to upgrade your web browser to the latest version.
Who we are
What we do
Donoghue Solicitors is a professional law firm. We only represent claimants, never police forces or other detaining authorities. This is important to you as it means that we do not have any conflict of interest. Our clients’ needs come first.
We are proud to be members of the Police Action Lawyers Group, an organisation of like- minded lawyers committed to representing people who have been wronged by the police. Our principal, Kevin Donoghue is also a member of Liberty, the human rights and civil liberties organisation.
Our solicitors are passionate about protecting civil rights. Helping our clients claim compensation and receive an apology where appropriate ensures that justice is served.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (no.573581) and abide by the Code of Conduct. We always put our client’s interests first. We act for people on a no win no fee basis where possible and guarantee that they will not be put at financial risk by making a compensation claim (limited exceptions apply). We also maintain professional insurance, at no cost to our clients, to ensure that they are protected.
When we will help
Claims against the police are difficult. However, we will always consider a claim for free and without obligation. Contact us today by completing the online form to the right of this page, or call us on 08000 124 209. Because we are professionals, we will assess your claim carefully and advise you for free and without obligation. If we can help, we will deal with your claim from start to finish. No middlemen, no timewasters, no fuss. If we can’t help, we will explain why and provide any other guidance we can. If we act for you, we will ensure that you understand the steps to be taken, what we’re doing for you, and why.
Where we work
Although we are solicitors based in Bootle, Liverpool, we represent clients throughout England and Wales. Most of our clients use e-mail and phone to keep in touch. We can also keep in touch with post and personal meetings.
Clients are welcome to come to our offices to meet our expert solicitors by prior appointment. Our expert solicitors will also visit you at home or work within the North West.
Why instruct us
- We are expert solicitors (lawyers). We are not an unqualified claims management company. We are highly trained and experienced and know what we’re doing. We won’t waste your time or try to sell your claim on.
- We will never charge to discuss your potential claim, and act on a no win no fee basis where possible. We also have contacts within the insurance industry who can provide insurance at no cost to you for the other side’s costs in the unlikely event that your claim does not succeed. This way we can assure you that making a claim will not put you at financial risk.
- We’re successful. Our clients know that we only take their cases on if we genuinely believe in them. In doing so we can confidently handle your claim to get you the best possible result.
- We care. Our job is to look after our client’s best interests, not ours or anyone else’s. This matters to us. We work hard to ensure that our clients are well looked after and maintain our relationships with them.
- For many people, making a claim is a rare and important event. Don’ t leave it to chance. Instruct Donoghue Solicitors, a firm of solicitors you can trust to get you the best possible result for your action against the police claim.
Get honest, professional advice before you claim.08000 124 209
Completely free, no obligation enquiry.