“My job is to help put things right after clients have suffered through no fault of their own. It’s hugely satisfying.”
-Daniel Fitzsimmons, Chartered Legal Executive
Daniel Fitzsimmons is a chartered legal executive at Donoghue Solicitors in Liverpool. He has over a decade of experience representing claimants in civil litigation matters, including civil actions against the police, accident claims, and data protection breach claims.
Hats of to Daniel and the team at Donoghue solicitors, Handled my case very professionally from start to finish and kept me updated and well informed throughout my case… Daniel who went above and beyond my expectations.
Daniel Fitzsimmons Role Within the Firm
Daniel is one of the most senior lawyers at Donoghue Solicitors. He is Kevin Donoghue’s “second-in-command”. Mr Fitzsimmons runs his own cases and supervises other lawyers in the firm.
A sample of Daniel’s cases include:
- Buzzfeed News and the BBC described how Steven Smith, one of Daniel’s clients, was assaulted by PC Mark Foster. The officer was convicted but received only a written warning and kept his job. Both Daniel and Mr Smith expressed their disappointment with Avon & Somerset Police. Daniel said, “I hope lessons will be learned by him and his colleagues about limits on the police’s use of force. The police exist to serve their community, not to abuse their powers.” Read our case report about this actions against the police claim for more information.
- Daniel represented Paul Rogers in his civil action against Merseyside Police for wrongful arrest, assault, and other things. He helped Mr Rogers get compensation, destruction of his biometric data, and justice.
- Daniel helped Charlie Mousley claim £11,000 compensation in his accident at work claim. Mr Mousley’s union solicitors dropped his case because they did not think Charlie would be successful. Daniel picked up the pieces and helped his client get justice.
Read more case reports about Donoghue Solicitors’ UK-based clients here.
I could not recommend him and this firm enough, they are unlike most solicitors who don’t keep you informed and leave your file collecting dust. I am so grateful for all the work Daniel and his team have done on my case. Thank you!
Professional Accreditations and Memberships
Daniel Fitzsimmons is a Chartered Legal Executive and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives. See his official details on the CILEx website here. He is also an active member of the following organisations:
Daniel is a real pleasure to deal with. If I ever need solicitors again I know for sure Donoghue Solicitors is my top choice and I would strongly recommend them to anyone who needs solicitors.
Experienced Civil Litigation Lawyer
Mr Fitzsimmons has a broad range of experience in civil litigation. He helps clients with:
As well as pursuing claims on behalf of his clients, Daniel regularly promotes victims’ rights in the media. To Mr Fitzsimmons, speaking up is an important part of a lawyer’s job. He makes himself available to journalists and radio producers, often at short notice. Listen Daniel discuss police misconduct matters on BBC Radio Somerset here:
Daniel is also very active on Donoghue Solicitors’ own blog:
- Here he asks if the police have double standards.
- In this blog post he explains what defendant lawyers don’t understand about claimants.
- And here he asks if police ethics rules are ignored.
He was very professional, asked all the right questions and answered mine adequately during our initial conversation. It was at this point I knew my case was in good hands. First impressions really mean a lot to me and this was an excellent experience.
Professional Guidance and Coaching
Daniel’s easy manner, experience, and expertise make him a natural fit as a coach/ mentor. He regularly leads meetings and guides colleagues and others as they work through complex legal issues.
Big Thank You to Daniel and his team. Communication was very easy and clear. Daniel always kept me up to date with any progress. I would highly recommend using Donoghue solicitors to all my friends and family.
Why You Can Trust Daniel Fitzsimmons With Your Claim
Daniel Fitzsimmons is a Chartered Legal Executive with a proven track record of success earned over more than a decade of fighting for claimants. He works with a team of committed lawyers, led by Kevin Donoghue, solicitor.
Best solicitors i have ever dealt with Daniel was efficient easy to talk to friendly and always available even during lunch hours. he explained everything clearly and made things as stress free as possible for us,keeping us regularly informed of developments which meant we never had to chase things up.
What If I Can’t Pay Daniel Privately to Take My Case?
Claimants have a variety of funding options when it comes to bringing claims. These include
- Legal aid
- Private retainer
- Union funding
- Conditional fee (no win no fee) agreements.
Go to our page on funding options and no win no fee police claims to find out more.
Where appropriate, Daniel represents clients on a no win no fee basis. This means that you can seek justice even if you can’t afford to pay privately.
Can’t Thank Daniel Fitzsimmons enough for everything he has done on my case, was kept up to speed on everything that was happening and everything that would happen after, was given great advice and just can’t thank you enough.
About Daniel Fitzsimmons
Daniel Fitzsimmons and Kevin Donoghue did not know each other growing up. But they followed similar paths.
- Both grew up in Bootle, North Liverpool
- Went to school at Savio Salesian College
- Started work in the law at DPP-Law solicitors
- Had ambitions to progress
- Worked evenings and weekends to qualify as chartered legal executives (Kevin later qualified as a solicitor)
- Passionately believe in claimants’ rights.
When Kevin set up Donoghue Solicitors in 2010 Daniel was his first recruit. The pair share the same outlook on how to run a law firm (read our founding principles here) and have led the firm’s expansion and growth ever since.
I couldn’t have asked for a better solicitor Daniel made the process very easy for me
Thanks for a outstanding service Daniel
I would highly recommend Donoghue Solicitors.
About Donoghue Solicitors
Donoghue Solicitors is an award-winning firm of compensation claims lawyers. We represent claimants throughout England and Wales. Read all about us by clicking on the link.
Daniel at Donoghue Solicitors was very friendly and professional and eased me through the process. He listened to my concerns and was sympathetic; explaining what would happen, and what options I had in a very understandable way.
How to Contact Daniel Fitzsimmons
Daniel Fitzsimmons, Chartered Legal Executive, is a senior lawyer at Donoghue Solicitors. You can contact him
- by completing this short contact form
- call Daniel on 08000 124 246 (freephone) or 0151 236 1336
- write to Donoghue Solicitors, 25 Hatton Garden, Liverpool, L3 2FE.
Daniel made the whole process easier than we had anticipated. He is a credit to the company, & I would recommend this solicitors.