Kevin Donoghue, Solicitor Director of Donoghue Solicitors.
“Everyone needs a solicitor at some point in their lives. I wake up every day thinking about how to make using a lawyer as easy as possible.” -Kevin Donoghue, solicitor director
Kevin Donoghue is a solicitor and the director of Donoghue Solicitors, an award-winning firm of compensation claims lawyers. Kevin has fought for the rights of claimants for more than 20 years.
Kevin Donoghue’s Role Within the Firm
Mr Donoghue is our Compliance Officer for Legal Practice and for Finance & Administration. (The main compliance roles within a solicitor’s practice.) He looks after all aspects of the firm’s legal and financial issues. These include management, marketing, compliance, human resources, and technology.
But Kevin is not just an office manager. He is a “hands on” solicitor who represents claimants throughout England and Wales. For example:
- in this Buzzfeed News report you can find out how he helped Nigel Lang of Sheffield recover £60,000 in his data protection breach compensation claim.
- this case report shows how Kevin helped one Cardiff-based client receive over £70,000 compensation from South Wales Police.
- in this case study read how he helped Mr Elliot of Grimsby get £37,500 compensation from Humberside Police after his unlawful arrest and prosecution
Read more case reports about Donoghue Solicitors’ UK-based clients here.
Kevin…advised at all times of the process and what would be in our best interests -including refusing offers which were deemed insufficient…Thank you all @Donoghue solicitors
Professional Accreditations and Memberships
Kevin Donoghue is a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. See his official details on the Law Society’s website here. He is also an active member of the following organisations:
- Police Action Lawyers Group
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Liverpool Law Society
I sincerely think he is one of the most honourable solicitors that l have met
High Value and Complex Claims Lawyer
Mr Donoghue handles some of the most serious litigation claims lawyers come across. These include
- deaths at work and in custody
- £1 million plus compensation claims
- serious police misconduct claims including matters involving malicious prosecution and misfeasance in pubic office.
This heavyweight work makes Kevin Donoghue a trusted expert in legal matters. In 2017 The Law Society Gazette profiled Kevin as their “lawyer in the news”. He is well-known in the media for civil actions against the police claims. Kevin regularly discusses this area of law on tv and radio. (You can see him on BBC tv and ITV tv by clicking on the links. Listen to him discuss spit hoods on BBC Wales radio here.)
Mr Donoghue is passionate about claimant rights and promotes them in the media. Some examples include:
- insight on this BBC article about being de-arrested
- BBC website reporting about Kevin’s client Daniel Rodriguez-Lay
- in this Justice Gap article Kevin discussed many issues involving police misconduct
- read how he helped one client in Newcastle get justice in this Sunday Post newspaper article.
there isn’t enough stars in your rating ratio to show give you guys the credibility you deserve
Kevin writes technical articles for legal publications such as:
- the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers PI Update magazine. The magazine is read by the organisation’s 3,200 lawyer members. In this article Kevin explained to his fellow professionals why the Court of Appeal rejected a professional negligence claim against solicitors
- in the Personal Injury Law Journal he discussed what every lawyer must know about civil actions against the police
- Donoghue Solicitors’ own blog. Examples include this three-part piece about the effects of police militarisation and many blog posts about spit hoods and police body worn cameras.
Kevin is brilliant!… Stuck by me since the very start and got us the best result!
– Ryan Parker
Professional Training and Appearances
Mr Donoghue also teaches other lawyers about civil actions against the police and takes part in expert panels. Kevin’s appearances include one at a Police Federation conference. There Mr Donoghue argued for the rights and protection of the public who come into contact with the police. (Read Kevin’s blog post about the conference here.)
I was recently represented by Kevin Donoghue…. He made the process very easy, and all of the staff at the firm are extremely professional.
Why You Can Trust Kevin Donoghue With Your Claim
Kevin Donoghue has a proven track record of success with compensation claims. He has faith in his clients. He has the confidence to take cases to trial and win. (Read this case report to find out more.)
Mr Donoghue’s fellow solicitors trust him to handle their compensation claims. His clients include other lawyers, such as
- a criminal solicitor who needed help to remove her biometric data
- well-known Liverpool solicitor James Parry, who sought compensation after his unlawful arrest.
Where appropriate, Kevin represents clients on a no win no fee basis. This means that claimants can seek justice even if they can’t afford to pay a solicitor privately.
Kevin Donoghue was very sympathetic to our distress and clearly took us through our options and timescales before anything would happen…Kevin regularly called us in person to keep us up to date with the case… I would definitely recommend their services to anyone in a similar situation.
How Kevin Donoghue became the Solicitor Director of his own firm
Kevin Donoghue’s journey to establishing Donoghue Solicitors began in Bootle, North Liverpool. Kevin is fiercely proud of his roots and still lives in the area. His dad is a local plasterer. His mum is a housekeeper. Both parents worked hard to improve their family’s lives. They taught Kevin the value of hard work, doing a proper job, reliability, and trust.
Instilled with these values, Kevin excelled at his local state school- Savio Salesian College. Kevin knew he wanted to work in the law but was not tempted by the traditional route of university. Instead he worked as a legal clerk in the litigation department of DPP-Law solicitors in Bootle. Within a year he took responsibility for his own clients. Kevin saw first-hand the positive effects of helping people with their compensation claims. It inspired him to work evenings and weekends to qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2006. It was hard work but well worth it. Qualification gave Kevin control of his own varied litigation caseload.
But he wanted more. Kevin had ambitions to set up his own firm. He studied at the prestigious College of Law in Chester (now University of Law) and qualified as a solicitor in 2007. He started Donoghue Solicitors in 2010. The firm grew quickly and continues to thrive because everyone in it follows Kevin’s five founding principles, which you can read about here.
There are so many law firms out there today that promise to deliver a quality and professional service and while I can’t say there are some bad ones, as I am sure there are, I can definately recommend Donoghue Solicitors as an initial point of contact when considering taking action against the Police. I can speak from 1st hand experience that the firms Director, Kevin Donoghue, is bang on the money when it comes to taking on the Police.
About Donoghue Solicitors
Donoghue Solicitors is an established law firm which offers a personal, friendly, and expert compensation claims service to people throughout England and Wales. Kevin Donoghue leads a team of fearless advocates who fight for claimants’ rights. Read more about Donoghue Solicitors, including legal information about us, by clicking on the link.
Kevin was very personable and good at explaining complicated legal procedures in understandable terms.
How to Contact Kevin Donoghue Solicitor
Kevin Donoghue, solicitor, is the director of Donoghue Solicitors. You can contact him
- by completing this short contact form
- call Kevin on 08000 124 246 (freephone) or 0151 236 1336
- write to Donoghue Solicitors, 25 Hatton Garden, Liverpool, L3 2FE.
Kevin is very friendly and loyal at providing the best possible service to his clients. I received A1 service…I will recommend him to anyone as a truly reliable person.
– Gary Wilson