It’s important to instruct the right solicitor for you when you decide to claim against the police So why us? Here’s some information which might help.
Donoghue Solicitors is an award-winning law firm specialising in actions against the police. We provide expert legal advice and assistance to our clients throughout England & Wales. You can read more about us here.
Who We Are
What We Do
Donoghue Solicitors is a professional law firm. We only represent claimants, never police forces or other detaining authorities. This is important to you as it means that we do not have any conflict of interest. Your needs come first.
We are proud to be members of the Police Action Lawyers Group, an organisation of like-minded lawyers committed to representing people who have been wronged by the police. Our Solicitor Director, Kevin Donoghue, is also a member of Liberty, the human rights and civil liberties organisation.
Our solicitors are passionate about protecting civil rights. Helping our clients claim compensation and receive an apology where appropriate ensures that justice is served.
We were honoured to win the Niche Law Firm Award for our work in actions against the police at the 2015 Liverpool Law Society Awards. You can read about how we became the Niche Law Firm Award Winners here.
We act for people on a no win no fee basis where appropriate – see the Funding Options and No Win No Fee Claims page for more details.
We also maintain professional indemnity insurance, at no cost to you, to ensure that you are protected.
When We Will Help
Actions against the police are difficult. However, we will always consider a claim for free and without obligation.
Because we are professionals, we will assess your claim carefully and advise you for free and without obligation.
If we can help, we will deal with your claim throughout.
No middlemen, no time wasters, no fuss.
If we can’t help, we will explain why and provide any other guidance we can. If we act for you, we will make sure that you understand the steps to be taken, what we’re doing for you, and why.
Where We Work
Although we are solicitors in Liverpool, we represent clients throughout England and Wales.
Most of our clients use e-mail and phone to keep in touch. We can also keep in touch with skype or facetime, post, and personal meetings.
You are welcome to come to our offices to meet our expert solicitors by prior appointment. Our expert solicitors will also visit you at home or work within the North West.
Click on the contact us page for more details, maps, and directions.
- We’re successful. Our clients know that we only take their cases on if we genuinely believe in them. In doing so we can confidently handle your claim to get you the best possible result.
- We are expert solicitors and chartered legal executives (fully qualified lawyers) who specialise in civil compensation claims against the police. Our work led to an award from Liverpool Law Society in recognition of our “clear and significant commitment to widening access to justice”.
- We will never charge to discuss your potential claim, and act on a no win no fee basis where appropriate. We also have contacts within the insurance industry who we can approach to seek insurance for disbursements and the other side’s costs in the unlikely event that your claim does not succeed. This way we can assure you that making a claim will not put you at financial risk. Read more about your funding options and our no win no fee police claims service by clicking on the link.
- We care. Our job is to look after your best interests, not ours or anyone else’s. This matters to us. We shoulder your burdens and will work hard to make sure you are well looked after.
- We are not an unqualified claims management company. We are highly trained and experienced lawyers and know what we’re doing. We won’t waste your time or try to sell your claim on.
For many people, making a claim against the police is a rare and important event. Don’ t leave it to chance. Instruct Donoghue Solicitors, a firm of solicitors you can trust to get you the best possible result for your action against the police claim. Call 08000 124 246 (or our local number 0151 236 1336) or complete the simple online form on this page.
Rating: ***** There are so many law firms out there today that promise to deliver a quality and professional service and while I can’t say there are some bad ones, as I am sure there are, I can definately recommend Donoghue Solicitors as an initial point of contact when considering taking action against the Police…. Read more »
Rating: ***** Brilliant! Donoghue Solicitors dealt with my claim against police with absolute professionalism and sensitivity. Daniel Fitzsimmons dealt with my case and honestly I couldn’t of had a more genuine person who made me feel at ease with the whole process. My claim was on a no win no fee basis. I had previously… Read more »
Rating: ***** Accident at work I would highly recommend Donoghue Solicitors to anybody who is looking for a good, honest and reliable solicitor. From start to finish I was always kept up to date with the progress of my claim and was always made fully aware of what was happening. I was always explained everything thoroughly… Read more »
Rating: ***** Efficient Service I would highly recommend this firm the staff are very friendly and efficient. They kept me informed throughout my claim and the service was fantastic. Read more reviews here.