- civil actions against the police
- sexual abuse compensation claims
- data protection claims
- personal injury accident claims
- professional negligence claims.
We believe in putting our clients’ needs first. To do that we recruit people who share our dedication to client care, hard work, and continuous improvement.
Our friendly and inclusive team work closely together; freely sharing skills, knowledge, and experience to help win our clients’ cases and progress our careers. We have excellent opportunities for career advancement and keenly help our team realise their professional ambitions.
We encourage flexibility, initiative, and value the contribution of every staff member. We are proud of our high staff retention rate and long-term commitment to everyone who works here and the skilled jobs that they do. (Read this blog post by our Solicitor Director, Kevin Donoghue, for an example of how this benefits both clients and staff.)
Careers with Donoghue Solicitors Liverpool
Interested in working here? Occasionally we recruit for people interested in careers with us. Follow us on social media where you’ll be the first to know about job opportunities. Here’s the links:
Due to the ongoing success and expansion of our law firm, we are inviting applications for a Litigation Assistant within our Actions Against the Police Team. This role is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning national practice looking to develop their workforce due to a high demand for their services.
- Drafting and editing various letters, emails and legal documents, collecting and analysing information in order to assist the fee earner
- Making contact with witnesses and drafting witness statements
- Assisting fee earners generally within the team
- Attending Court hearings, Police Misconduct hearings and Inquests as required.
- Must be IT literate with Word and Excel and qualified to at least GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent);
- A polite, confident and professional telephone manner is required;
- Must have a good understanding of professional conduct rules and civil procedure;
- Must have a positive, flexible attitude and be able to work alone and as part of a team;
- Experience working in a law firm setting and/ or legal education (e.g. law degree/ CILEX) essential.
Due to the ongoing success and development of our law firm, we are inviting applications for a First Responder/General Administration Assistant within our Actions Against the Police Team.
- Making and receiving phone calls from potential clients
- Relay facts to appropriate fee earners and discuss merits of potential claims
- Opening new files and inputting data on our Proclaim case management system
- Drafting and editing various letters, emails and legal documents, collecting and analysing information, initiating contact with clients and others in order to assist the fee earner.
- Must be IT literate with Word and Excel and qualified to at least GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent).
- A polite, confident and professional telephone manner is required taking enquiry calls and directing to the relative departments and individuals.
- Must have a positive, flexible attitude and be able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Experience working in a law firm setting preferred, but not essential.
Donoghue Solicitors is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to our Office Manager, Stephanie Donoghue, at [email protected]
Contact Mrs Donoghue on 0151 236 1336 if you are unable to use email. We are unable to respond to all applications due to the amount we receive.
Please note that we do not accept enquiries from recruiters or agencies. No agency CVs will be accepted unless otherwise advised.