By Kevin Donoghue, solicitor
This morning I saw this tweet on my firm’s feed:
Happy Monday! We will be contacting all the shortlisted firms today for the @Eclipse_Legal Modern Law Awards 2019 – best of luck everyone. We recieved a record number of nominations, the law market has never been so innovative, proactive and dynamic. #MLAwards19
— Modern Law Magazine (@ModernLawMag) December 10, 2018
I am delighted to announce that the organisers got in touch! Donoghue Solicitors has been shortlisted for the 2019 Modern Law Awards in the Boutique Law Firm of the Year Award (1-10 employees) category. The Awards are now in their sixth year. They “celebrate and identify sparkling talent and success in entrepreneurship, market development, business management and best practice in the modern legal services arena.” The organisers tell me that
we were overwhelmed with nominations this year so it is great achievement to be shortlisted!
The criteria we had to meet were:
- A firm who practices in a niche/specific area of law
- A practice that has performed exceptionally in terms of establishing itself in its chosen market
- Within the last year, has demonstrated extensive development and progress as a business, including, but not limited to; strategy, growth, financial performance, employee development, diversity and training
- An innovative practice that can demonstrate its ability to creatively and effectively compete with multi-practice firms
- A practice that exceeds the expectations of basic client care and professionalism
Modern Law Awards judges
Judges include high-profile members of the legal, business, and education community, including:
- Simon Davis, Vice President of the Law Society
- Professor Thom Brooks, Dean of Durham Law School
- Dr Leslie Thomas, barrister and Joint Head of Garden Court Chambers
- Nik Ellis, Managing Director of Laird Assessors
- John Hyde, reporter at the Law Society Gazette.
What the Boutique Law Firm Nomination Means to Us
We are only eligible for the Boutique Law Firm of the Year Award because of the hard work and dedication of the team at Donoghue Solicitors. I am thrilled that this has been recognised. I will take everyone here to the black-tie event in Victoria Warehouse, Manchester on 31st January 2019. It will be rewarding for them to be recognised at such a high-profile event. We recently celebrated eight years in practice. This is a unique and timely opportunity to toast our continuing success.
A big “thank you” to the Modern Law Awards panel, our clients, staff, and families for helping us get this far.